Friday, September 28, 2012

A Heartfelt Letter, Thank You

I opened my e-mail on Monday and found this e-mail. It means a lot to me and especially because after he sent it, the writer was filled with doubts and regrets that maybe he shouldn't have sent it, that I'd think him stupid, or weird.  He sent it anyway and I am glad he did. It gave me solace after our visit to the cardiologist and the news that Louise's surgery will be brought much forward. Probably in the new year now instead of this time next year.  

It is never wrong to do a good thing and the best time to do a good thing is when you think of it...wait for later and it won't be done, you can be sure of that. 



With his permission, here it is.  Thank you.

Dear Jennifer, 

I was very touched yesterday (on returning from 2 weeks without email) to read your latest "Little Louise" blog post. Then this morninglast night (around 6am) I couldn't sleep and felt strongly that I needed to pray for Louise especially, but also for you and John, and for all the children - Rebecca, Miriam, Laura, Isabelle and Peter. Some verses from Psalm 139 (you might know it as 138) came into my mind after praying for you all. 

'If I say "surely the darkness will hide me, and the light become night around me", even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created me in my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained to me were written in your book before one of them came to be'. 


The other thing that came into my mind after praying for you was a thought that has been important for me for a long time, and particularly at difficult times – that God holds each one of us in the palm of his hand and he has written our names there (this bit, about the names being engraved on God's hand is from Isaiah 49), and I thought it might be helpful for you to remember that God has your name, Jennifer, and John's name, and Rebecca's, Miriam's, Laura's, Isabells's, Peter's and Louise's names engraved on the palm of his hand. 


Bye for now and if you ever have a moment to drop me a line (email or text) to let me know how you're all doing, and how, specifically, I can be praying for you (I'm praying for Louise's heart whenever I remember, of course), I would love it. 
With much love and big (virtual) hugs, 
and brother in Christ, 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment